This programme provides the skills, knowledge and accreditation to allow registered pharmacy technicians to competently and confidently take on the role of accredited final accuracy checker.
Aligned to national framework
- Develops professional awareness of pharmacy practice
- Develops professional interaction with patients, colleagues and other healthcare professionals
- Encourages best practice
- Develops effective communication skills
- Registed with the GPhC and working in Wales
- Supporting evidence of accurate dispensing according to locally agreed SOPs
- Have access to an educational supervisor and support from your senior supervising pharmacy manager
- Completion of online application form.
Pre Course Preparation
Before attending the live interactive workshop, candidates will be required to:
- Successfully complete the online eLearning package
- Familiarise themselves with MEP and /or Orange Guide
- Review errors recorded in the workplace.
Requires completion and evidence of submission two weeks prior to attending the live workshop.
Live interactive workshop
Requires attendance at a full day workshop to cover the practical aspects of checking dispensed items. Trainees
must complete all the workshop sessions required for their chosen speciality.
Evidence of accurately checking 1000 items must be provided within one year. All evidence must be kept in a portfolio for review.
Following successful collection of 1000 items, trainee ACPT must complete:
- A checking assessment test of 20 dispensed items
- A review of their portfolio of evidence
- An interview with the local assessment panel
Please complete the application form below to apply for a place on the Accredited Checking Pharmacy Technician course on 13th December 2023. Application close on the 5th December 2023. Applicants will be informed following the closing date if their application is successful
Please log into your account to complete this form.