Clozapine initiation and ongoing management of this drug treatment is multifaceted and involves numerous health care professionals across secondary and primary care to support the patient achieve required outcomes.
This webinar recording will provide key points to consider and enable pharmacy professionals to provide appropriate advice to those patients prescribed clozapine.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the evidence-based approach for the use of clozapine and how it is initiated
- Outline the risks and benefits of this medication in order to maximise patient outcomes
- Explain the monitoring of patient parameters
- Identify red flags and/or symptoms that require patient referral
- Understand what the effective withdrawal of clozapine treatment looks like
All pharmacy professionals in patient-facing roles. Other healthcare professionals are welcome.
Specialist Pharmacist in Liaison Psychiatry (East and Central), Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
To access this course please click on the link below.