Pharmacy technician roles are becoming more varied, with increasing levels of patient contact requiring effective consultation skills.
This Level 4 programme is designed to provide formal accreditation in consultation skills to enhance clinical competence and confidence, and to enable adaptation of practice leading to improved outcomes for patients.
Recognise the value of agreeing a shared agenda with patients
- Undertake effective pharmacy practice consultations
- Reflect on the elements that create high quality pharmacy practice consultations
- Manage challenging situations effectively
- Level 4 Agored Cymru accredited programme
Registered pharmacy technicians working closely with patients or those whose role will be developing in this direction
- Applicants must obtain approval from their line manager (who will authorise the training time required for completion of this programme)
- Commitment to attend both programme dates
- Commitment to complete a portfolio of evidence.
[accordion-item title=”Course Structure” id=coursestructure state=closed]
Live interactive workshops
Face to face tutorials, professional discussions and written questions. (Please note attendance at both workshops is mandatory)
- Evidence collection of consultations
- Objective structured clinical observation (OSCE)
- Completion of an evidence based portfolio
- Documented reflections.
Please complete the application form below to apply for a place on the Introduction to Consultation Skills for Pharmacy Technicians course. The course dates are:
- 23rd October 2023
Applications will be open between 4th August 2023 until 4th October 2023 (or sooner if maximum numbers reached)
If the application form is closed or unavailable, you can register your interest in future course(s) by clicking here.