Public Health is a key area for practice development for the pharmacy profession to improve patient outcomes, and all members of the pharmacy team play an important part in this. This Level 4 programme is designed for pharmacy professionals who wish to undertake public health activities to promote health and wellbeing messages to others.
Understand how to deliver evidence-based public health services that meet national standards and local policies
Develop skills and tools to make effective brief interventions; making every appropriate contact count
- Gain the confidence to seek out opportunities to become an advocate for health
- Level 4 Agored Cymru accredited programme
- A quality assured, competence-based certificate that is transferable across sector
Registered pharmacy professionals working in all sectors who regularly interact with the public/patients
- Applicants must obtain approval from their line manager (who will authorise the training time required for completion
of this programme)
- Commitment to attend both programme dates
- Commitment to complete a portfolio of evidence which includes 10 lifestyle interventions.
Live interactive workshops
Face to face tutorials, professional discussions and written questions. (Please note attendance at both workshops is mandatory)
- Evidence collection of brief interventions
- Management of a public health campaign
- Objective structured clinical observation (OSCE)
- Completion of an evidence based portfolio
- Documented reflections
- Poster design.
Apply for course
Please complete the application form below to apply for a place on the Introduction to Delivering Pharmacy Public Health Services course. The course dates are:
- New dates coming soon!
If the application form is closed or unavailable, you can register your interest in future course(s) by clicking here.