Introduction to leadership in healthcare enhances the management and leadership skills of professionals who are in the early stages of career development or who are beginning their leadership journey. Participants will be exploring individual strengths and motivations, as well as the skills needed to develop and lead teams within organisations.
- Develop personal qualities such as self-awareness, confidence and reﬂective skills
- Develop interpersonal and management skills, including, time management and delegation, motivating and influencing, project management, assertiveness and emotional intelligence, conflict management and performance management.
- Learn and network with like-minded healthcare colleagues across all professions
- Endorsement by a senior member of the organisation (unless completing the course in own time)
- Commitment to attend all five programme dates
- Commitment to complete the portfolio of evidence or workbook (dependent on programme option selected).
- Completion of online application form (places will be awarded on a ﬁrst come, ﬁrst served basis).
Participants can choose one of two programme options:
Agored Cymru Level 4 15 credit certificate: participants can achieve a certificate in leadership by attending a programme induction, attending the 5 programme dates and completing a portfolio of evidence, across 5 Units, which is formally assessed against Agored Cymru standards (estimated time: 150 hours) (15 credits)
HEIW certificate of completion: participants will be awarded a certificate of completion by attending the 5 programme dates and completing the programme workbook (estimated time: 60 hours) (this course is not accredited)
Please select which option you prefer on application.
The programme comprises five full day interactive workshops. Each workshop includes activities and presentations from experienced health professionals working in education and development.
Participants will be expected to complete set pre-work activities prior to each workshop.
Apply for Introduction to Healthcare Leadership Programme
Please complete the application form below to apply for a place on the Introduction to Healthcare Leadership Programme. The course dates are:
Day 1: 18/10/23
Day 2: 16/11/23
Day 3: 11/01/24
Day 4: 08/02/24
Day 5: 07/03/24
Please note that this course is currently only for those healthcare professionals based in South. Application open date 10/07/23.
If you have received confirmation of a place on this programme and then wish to withdraw, written notification must be received at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the programme, unless extenuating circumstances apply. Many of our CPD+ programmes are accredited programmes that require learners to submit a portfolio of evidence for assessment, as part of the credits awarded. Once enrolled onto these programmes, learners are required to attend all programme dates and submit a portfolio of evidence. HEIW reserves the right to claim back programmes fees for costs incurred, if learners fail to attend required dates and/or submit a portfolio for assessing.
Sorry. You must be logged in to view this form.