Mental Health – taking care of YOURSELF and your PATIENTS
When times get tough looking after our own mental health is often the first thing we let slide – and times rarely get tougher than the last 18 months.
There’s so many mental health resources available it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Wouldn’t it be great if we had a ready-made toolbox of strategies designed especially for members of the pharmacy team, that could help us cope with these tough times? Tools that we could pass on to our patients to help them too.
Earlier this year we offered you two mental health webinars, but we know it’s been hard to find time for self care with so many fires to fight every day! These two webinars are still available to watch on demand – but this autumn we’re bringing you a live-hosted online event that will encapsulate all of the advice, tools and support with the added bonus of live interaction. This event will be hosted by RED WHALE so you can expect it to be varied, engaging and bursting with downloadable resources.
We’ll be hosting the event at lunch time so you can multi-task eating your sandwiches and watching at the same time – but it will also be available on demand so you can catch up later if you have to dash off half way through.
After the event participants will be able to:
- Describe the signs and symptoms associated with some important mental health issues
- Explain how to best support people with mental health problems
- Understand the importance of mental health in the context of long-term conditions
- Demonstrate key interventions that will benefit individuals who may be suffering
- Identify appropriate signposting and resources
- Utilise core mental health and communication skills to engage with individuals
- Apply skills to support their roles in dealing with mental health issues
- Identify ways to promote physical and mental wellbeing
- Demonstrate the importance of personal wellbeing
The pharmacy workforce working in any sector. Although some aspects will be more relevant to Pharmacists, any member of the pharmacy workforce is welcome to attend this event.
No preparation work is required
Live webinar delivered via RED WHALE’S online webinar platform from their award-winning tv studio.
30/09/21 at 13:00