To provide pharmacists with the knowledge and skills required to promote prudent antimicrobial prescribing and minimise the occurrence of healthcare associated infections (HCAIs).
Intended learning outcomes
Having completed this course you should be able to:
- Describe the action and uses of commonly used antimicrobial agents
- Select an appropriate antimicrobial agent according to patient needs
- Recommend appropriate antimicrobial prophylaxis
- Monitor patients on antimicrobials and make appropriate recommendations
- Manage, prevent and control commonly-encountered healthcare-associated infections (HCAIs)