The aim of this programme is to provide an update on basic life support in the case of an emergency situation, including how to deal effectively with an anaphylactic reaction.
We believe that this eLearning programme should take you around one hour to complete.
If you choose to access the additional resources mentioned throughout this programme then it will take you longer to complete.
The programme is designed to support all registered pharmacy practitioners, who are providing a vaccination service to their patients.
After completing this programme you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of basic life support
- Explain the Resuscitation Council (UK) basic life support guidelines 2015, including latest updates of COVID-19 adaptations
- Administer basic life support effectively in an emergency situation
- Differentiate between fainting, anxiety and anaphylaxis
- Recognise an anaphylactic reaction and deal with this appropriately