Cancer: in relation to pharmacy practice (Level 1)
This distance learning pack looks at cancer in context, preventing and detecting cancer, principles of treatment, responding to symptoms of disease and treatment and supporting patients and carers.
On completion of all aspects of this programme you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the public health agenda by explaining the role of prevention, screening and risk reduction in relation to your practice
- Describe the background and presentation of the six most common cancers in the UK
- Analyse your role in the management of cancers with particular reference to appropriate therapy, management of the side-effects and palliative care.
- Provide appropriate advice on alternative methods of disease management
- Develop your approach to supporting people living with cancer and their carers
- Undertake a mapping exercise of local colleagues and networks to support patients
- Evaluate your personal practice against your own service objectives