The aim of this programme is to provide an overview of the management of chronic heart failure, thus equipping participants with the knowledge and skills to provide a comprehensive medicines management service to patients with this condition.
Having completed this programme you should be able to:
- Identify the risk factors for developing chronic heart failure
- Classify heart failure according to disease severity
- Recognise the symptoms of disease progression
- Describe best practice guidance in relation to both the pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of the condition
- List the palliative care needs of patients with end-stage heart failure
- Identify your role in the management of this patient group