Emergency Contraception Demystified – Webinar Recording
Emergency contraception (EC) as an enhanced service has been delivered from Community Pharmacies for several years. More recently, there have been changes to the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH) guidance with revised Patient group directions (PGDs) provided by all health boards.
If you are accredited to deliver the emergency contraception enhanced service from community pharmacies, this webinar is for you. Whether you are new to the service or an experienced pharmacist, there will be useful information highlighted in this session.
- Do you know when Ulipristal cannot be given?
- Do you know current and up to date Ulipristal and missed pills rules?
- What’s best to do Mid Cycle?
- What is the best post coital contraception, and when is each method most appropriate ?
- Which interactions do you need to be aware of?
- What should you do if someone comes back wanting more EC a few days later?
- What are the rules if someone is taller or heavier than average?
This webinar recording will refresh and clarify your knowledge to support you further in the use and delivery of emergency contraception services from community pharmacies.
If you do not currently deliver the enhanced service, you are welcome to watch for information purposes, however usual accreditation rules apply for service delivery.
After the recording, participants will be able to:
- Describe the different types of emergency contraception (EC)
- Understand when EC is needed
- Be aware of the differences in Levonorgestrel and Ulipristal
- Utilise relevant guidance to decide which EC is best to supply and is congruent with the PGD framework
- Apply knowledge to real life situations
- Identify where to signpost people for further advice and support
All pharmacists delivering the emergency contraception enhanced service from community pharmacies. Other pharmacists or pre-registration pharmacists are welcome to attend for information.
Dr. Ruth Frazer – Consultant in Integrated Sexual Health, Swansea Bay UHB
Health Board representation
Presentation and cases, with the opportunity to ask questions during the webinar to the expert speaker