This e-learning programme will provide you with useful information for recommending Levonelle® and EllaOne® when receiving a request for emergency contraception.
On completion of all aspects of this programme you should be able to:
- Describe the development of emergency contraception (EC) supply in community pharmacy
- Describe the stages of ovulation and where in the cycle emergency contraception works
- Understand how to conduct a high quality emergency consultation resulting in supply or signposting
- Explain the options available for emergency contraception
- Explain the different reasons for contraception failure
- Integrate messages in your consultation about the coil, condoms, contraception and chlamydia
This course should take you no longer than 1 hours to complete.