The aim of this e-learning is to enable healthcare professionals to provide effective care for people with diabetes mellitus.
At the end of the programme you should be able to:
- Identify risk factors associated with developing diabetes
- Distinguish between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Describe best practice in managing patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Recognise the various parameters that are used to judge metabolic control
- Make recommendations to prevent the complications of diabetes or manage them should they occur
- Provide guidance on monitoring diabetes in special cases, such as pregnancy
- Enhance the contribution you make to the care of people with diabetes.