This programme will provide an overview of why falls prevention is important, common causes of falls and advice that the pharmacy team can provide to reduce a person’s risk of falls.
Upon completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Understand the epidemiology and myths surrounding falls
- List the common causes / factors that lead to falls
- Recognise the medications that commonly lead to falls
- List other factors that lead to falls
- Explain what aids, help and support is available for people to lower their risk of falling
- Identify opportunities for pharmacists in falls prevention
This programme should take you 30-40 minutes to complete.