Mae'r dudalen hon hefyd ar gael yn: Cymraeg (Welsh)
Constipation and GORD in Children Webinar Recording
Constipation is common in childhood and can occur for several reasons including diet and other medical conditions. Treatment will vary depending on the patient however; it commonly involves laxatives alongside diet and lifestyle changes.
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) in children occurs when there are symptoms or complications due to the transit of gastric contents into the oesophagus. This can cause distressing symptoms for parents/ carers and the child. In the majority of cases, GORD is a self-limiting condition, however treatment can sometimes be necessary.
Join us on this webinar recording to hear more about these conditions and how pharmacy professionals can support patients and their carers.
After the recording, participants will be able to:
- Describe the symptoms of Constipation and GORD in children
- Identify how these conditions are diagnosed
- Recognise possible causes of the conditions
- Understand the evidence-based recommendations for the management of Constipation and GORD in children
- Identify where to signpost patients and their carers for further advice and support
All pharmacy professionals in patient-facing roles. Other health-care professionals are welcome.
Dr Amar Murad Wahid, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Children’s Hospital for Wales