Helping others learn
The aim of this learning programme is to provide you with an overview of teaching and learning theory for adults, and with case study examples of methods available for use or adaption in your workplace.
- State the five basic criteria for adult learning as defined by Knowles in order to plan a successful teaching session;
- Describe the Maslow pyramid of physiological needs to help you make the most of your teaching sessions;
- Define the term community of practice;
- Define two different teaching methods that could be used within the workplace;
- State 11 considerations that should be taken into account when planning a teaching session.