The aim of this programme is for healthcare professionals to understand what a diagnosis of diverticular disease entails for the patient.
Following completion of this programme you should be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiology of diverticular disease
- Recognise similar conditions to exclude
- Explain how a diagnosis is made
- List the complications associated with this condition
- Discuss the available treatment options
- Provide advice on lifestyle and dietary changes that may prevent symptomatic disease from developing