The aim of this programme is for healthcare professionals to provide effective care for patients with stomas.
After completing this programme you should be able to:
- Explain the role of stoma formation in the management of lower gastro-intestinal disease
- Describe the surgical procedures involved to form the different types of stoma
- Detail the various types of appliances and accessories available to patients with stomas
- Recognise the problems associated with stoma formation
- Provide practical advice to enable people with stomas to have minimal disruption to their day-to-day lives