Mae'r dudalen hon hefyd ar gael yn: Cymraeg (Welsh)
We have recently run webinars on the NHS Wales e-Library for Health and Micromedex and this webinar is the 3rd in this series of webinars on information sources for pharmacy professionals. Whether you participated in those webinars or not, this session will be of value to you in your day-to-day roles. You don’t need to have attended either of the previous two to benefit from this one and it will be relevant to all pharmacy professionals – no matter in which sector you work or how experienced you are.
There are 10 Medicines Information (MI) Centres in Wales including the Welsh Medicines Information Centre (WMIC). This webinar will highlight their roles and the services available to you as a healthcare professional. Although there may be occasions where you need to contact an MI centre, there will also be some situations where access to appropriate resources would provide you as a pharmacy professional with the required information.
- Do you know what freely available information resources on medicines are available to you as pharmacy professionals?
- Do you know which resources will be helpful in queries relating to possible drug interactions?
- Do you know what limitations particular resources have – what do you need to be aware of when using them and how do you get the best out of them?
- Do you know how to access specific resources such as Micromedex?
Join us on this interactive session where we will answer the above, and much more. The information resources highlighted will be useful for your own practice, and also when answering questions from other healthcare professionals and patients/members of the public.
After the event, participants will be able to:
- Describe the role and services provided by MI centres
- Identify what freely available information resources on medicines are available
- Recognise which resources will be helpful with queries relating to the use of medicines in different situations
- Understand the limitations of particular resources
- Identify how to access specific resources
All pharmacy professionals working in any sector of practice.
Fiona Woods – National Medicines Information lead for Wales, Welsh Medicines Information Centre, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board