The aim of this programme is to enable you to provide evidence-based pharmaceutical care to those patients diagnosed with bipolar affective disorder and to know when and where to refer as appropriate.
Having completed this course you should be able to:
- Identify and describe the key symptoms of bipolar affective disorder
- Discuss the treatment for the different phases of bipolar affective disorder
- Demonstrate an awareness of the treatment of bipolar affective disorder in pregnancy and refer as appropriate
- List and advise on key side effects and interactions for the different treatments
- Explain the need for monitoring with long term treatment