The aim of this programme is to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge to diagnose and manage common skin conditions.
Having completed this course you should be able to:
- Recognise the inflammatory skin conditions of eczema, contact dermatitis (including nappy rash), psoriasis and seborrhoeic dermatitis
- Consider the differential diagnosis and management of these conditions
- Describe the treatment options and prevention of warts and verrucas
- State the treatment options for acne and indications for referral
- Detail first-aid advice for burns and scalds
- Provide advice on the treatment and prevention of bites, stings, urticaria and sunburn