This page is also available in: Cymraeg (Welsh)
Pain Management Update
Back pain is one of the largest causes of pain, disability and lost working days in the United Kingdom. Further to the release of NICE guidance in 2017 and the delivery of live workshops around pain management; this webinar aims to provide clarification on several key drug groups used in the management of back pain and what constitutes a holistic approach.
Information and discussion points during this webinar will provide realistic steps that pharmacy professionals can take to best support and advise patients in helping them achieve improved outcomes for managing their back pain.
After this recording participants will be able to:
- Explain the common causes of back pain and understand the basic mechanisms that cause chronicity
- Describe the risks and considerations associated with the use of NSAIDs for back pain
- Recognise where gabapentinoids fit in the management of back pain and adjustments needed in renal and liver disease
- Identify when it is appropriate to offer opioids as part of a pain management plan, including safe initiation and review
- Discuss with and refer patients where appropriate regarding non-drug treatment
Pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and preregistration trainee pharmacists working in patient facing roles within any sector.
Emma Davies – Advanced Pharmacist Practitioner in Pain Management
Presentation with case study discussion
Pre- course Preparation:
Case studies for review before joining the webinar.