The aim of this programme is support healthcare professionals to develop their consultation skills with patients, integrating a patient-centred approach.
At the end of this programme you should be able to:
- Appreciate the concepts of patient-centred care and medicines optimisation and their impact on adherence
- Identify the communication skills needed in any patient consultation
- Build relationships and communicate effectively with patients using appropriate questions, verbal and non-verbal communication
- Identify and use appropriately models for a medication-related consultation and public health-related consultation
- Signpost to the consultation observation tools
This course should take you no longer than 4 hours to complete.