This programme will provide you with a basic overview of indicators of possible maltreatment and details of the procedure to follow if you have concerns about a vulnerable adult's welfare.
After completing this programme, you should be able to:
- Identify the different types of vulnerable adult maltreatment (neglect, physical, emotional, financial and sexual abuse)
- Recognise potential signs of vulnerable adult abuse and neglect
- Know where to find local policies and procedures in relation to protection of vulnerable adults and how to raise concerns
- Recognise the importance of sharing information with the appropriate teams and list the potential consequences of failing to do so
- Identify the steps to take when concerned that a vulnerable adult is being abused and the actions to take if you experience any barriers in raising concerns