The aim of this package is to enable healthcare professionals to provide effective care for patients requiring inhalation therapy for the management of asthma and COPD.
Having completed this course, you should be able to:
- Outline the range of inhaler devices currently available for use in treating asthma and COPD
- List and describe the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of inhaler devices
- Demonstrate the correct use of each of these devices
- Advise on the use of spacer devices where appropriate
- Provide advice regarding the most appropriate inhaler device for a particular patient group