This e-learning resource provides background knowledge to support people to stop smoking.
The programme is split into three modules
- Smoking and its impact on health
- Communicating with smokers
- Products to help people stop smoking
On completion of all aspects of this programme you should be able to:
- Describe the impact of smoking on the health of the nation and the benefits of stopping smoking
- Understand how addiction to nicotine occurs and the effects of smoking on the body
- Understand smoking legislation in Wales
- Communicate more effectively with people around the issue of smoking and cessation
- Recognise the various stages of change that smokers go through in a quit attempt and understand the motivational interviewing techniques that can be used to motivate people to quit
- Explain how the medications to help smoking cessation work and the types of products available
- Understand the effects of stopping smoking on certain medications
This course should take you no longer than 3 hour to complete.