This e-learning programme will provide the background knowledge to support people with substance misuse problems.
The programme is split into four modules:
- Substances of misuse
- Harm reduction
- Communication with patients and support networks
- Provision of services
On completion of all aspects of this programme you should be able to:
- State the commonly misused substances and the reasons for misuse
- Understand the impact of substance misuse for the patient and their support network
- Outline the principles of harm reduction
- Summarise the risks from substance misuse including injecting and blood borne viruses and how these can be reduced
- Explore communication approaches for substance misuse patients including under 18’s and older people
- Understand the legal perspectives, structure and practicalities of running substance misuse services
This course should take you no longer than 7 hours to complete.