This one hour eLearning looks at some of the issues the transgender and non-binary community face when accessing healthcare services. The interview panel address these issues in relation to community pharmacy practice and discuss some of the measures, pharmacy can take to make sure they provide an inclusive and supportive person-centred service for people in the transgender and non-binary community.
By watching this interview and completing the associated activities in the programme you will be able to:
- Describe some of the issues the transgender and non-binary community face within healthcare
- Introduce measures to make your pharmacy more inclusive and a safe space for the transgender and non-binary people accessing your services
- Demonstrate a team approach to supporting transgender and non-binary people with health and social care issues
You should begin this course by:
- Working through the eLearning interactive module
- You should then complete the course evaluation
- After successful completion of the evaluation, you will be able to obtain your certificate.