The aim of this programme is to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge to effectively diagnose and manage infections and infestations.
Following completion of this course you should be able to:
- Recognise and manage common infestations such as threadworm, head lice and scabies
- Identify and treat common viral, fungal and bacterial infections of the skin and nails
- Consider differential diagnosis
- Recognise danger symptoms, referring when appropriate
- Identify symptoms of common childhood infections, providing advice and supportive therapy as required