The aim of this programme is to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge to diagnose and manage coughs, colds and allergic rhinitis.
Following completion of this course you should be able to:
- List the symptoms associated with coughs, colds and allergic rhinitis
- Recognise when symptoms are indicative of a serious aetiology
- Provide supportive therapy to alleviate the symptoms
- Advise patients and/or carers on the management and prevention of coughs, colds and allergic rhinitis in infants, children and adults
- Detail the guidance provided by the MHRA on the use of over-the-counter cough and cold medication in children