The aim of this programme is to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and expertise to assess, treat and manage pain effectively.
On completion of this programme you should be able to:
- Define and classify pain
- Detail methods of assessing pain
- Describe recommended analgesic options for treating pain
- List non-pharmacological pain management options
- Recognise key considerations when managing pain in specific patient groups
- Explain the pain relief priorities for patients with cancer and at end of life