The aim of this programme is to equip healthcare professionals to deal with issues such as teething, musculoskeletal pain, headache, sleep disturbances and travel sickness.
Following completion of this course you should be able to:
- List possible causes of pain that respond to non-prescription medication
- Recommend appropriate analgesics for teething, musculoskeletal pain and headache using an appropriate evidence-based approach
- Consider differential diagnosis
- Identify danger symptoms, referring when appropriate
- Advise patients on the prevention and management of these conditions
- Recommend non-prescription medication and lifestyle measures for insomnia and travel sickness