The aim of this programme is to equip healthcare professionals to deal with the non-prescription management of GI conditions.
Following completion of this course you should be able to:
- Recognise the upper GI symptoms of dyspepsia, GORD and colic
- Recognise the lower GI symptoms of constipation, diarrhoea, inflammatory bowel disease and haemorrhoids
- Consider the differential diagnosis
- Identify danger symptoms, referring when appropriate
- Manage these conditions using non-prescription medication
- Advise patients on prevention and management of these conditions