Bowel cancer is a treatable condition if diagnosed and treated early. This programme has been designed to enable healthcare professionals to actively promote bowel cancer screening and early detection, as well advise patients on how to reduce their risk of developing bowel cancer.
Upon completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Describe the structure and function of the bowel
- Explain the pathophysiology, aetiology and epidemiology of bowel cancer
- Recognise abnormalities in bowel function
- Identify the major risk factors for development of bowel cancer
- Know how to risk assess a patient for referral to other healthcare professionals, both symptomatic and unsymptomatic
- Advise and support patients to access bowel screening testing and conduct the faecal immunochemical test.
This eLearning should take about 45 minutes to complete.