Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is the name for a group of lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties. Although the damage to the lungs caused by COPD is permanent, treatment can help slow down disease progression. Asthma is a common lung condition affecting people of all ages. Despite no current cure for the condition, there are simple treatments that can help keep the symptoms under control.
In the Summer of 2020 All Wales Guidelines for the management and prescribing of Adult Asthma and COPD were introduced. Please join us for a follow up webinar where we will be looking at recent updates to the guidelines particularly around the green agenda and how the climate crisis can be tackled through sustainable inhaler prescribing.
After the event participants will be able to:
- Understand the evidence-based recommendations for the management of COPD and asthma
- Identify updates to the National Prescribing Guidelines including changes towards more carbon friendly inhalers
- Explain the environmental impact of healthcare particularly around inhalers
- Understand how small changes to inhaler prescribing can have a significant impact on the environment
- Explore the resources available to empower driving forward the green agenda
All pharmacy professionals, GPs and practice nurses in patient-facing roles. Other healthcare professionals are welcome to attend for information.
Dr Simon Barry Consultant and National Clinical Lead for Wales for Respiratory Medicine