Mentoring is an increasingly popular tool for supporting the development of people in the workplace. This course is intended to help:
- those individuals already acting as mentors in the workplace who want to be more effective in this role; and,
- those preparing to mentor someone in the workplace.
In order to get the most out of this course, we highly recommend that you keep a particular mentee in mind whilst working through it.
To provide individuals with the tools to begin mentoring effectively.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- explain what mentoring is
- understand the benefits of mentoring
- define the different roles that mentors may perform within the workplace
- identify the skills required to become an effective mentor
- recognise the stages in the mentoring relationship
- conduct effective mentoring meetings in order to get the most out of the mentoring relationship
- begin effectively mentoring an individual in your workplace.